Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Users Online

· Guests Online: 3

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 415
· Newest Member: Lesa Kress

FAQ: Detention Center

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) >Detention Center
Can I bring a detainee anything while in jail?Can I call or leave a message for a detainee?Can I have my phone number blocked?Can I pick up a detainee's property?
Can I visit an inmate at the jail?Can you recommend a professional bondsman?How do I place money on a detainee's commissary account?How do I send a detainee a letter?
What about contact visits?What can I send a detainee in the mail?When will a detainee be transported to prison after he is sentenced?
Can I bring a detainee anything while in jail?
You may bring prescription medications, eyeglasses, dentures, or a soft-cover religious text (bible, qoran, etc) to the sheriff's office for an inmate. Prescription medications must be in the properly labeled bottle and be approved by medical staff before being dispensed. All other items must be brought during business hours and approved by jail administration before being given to the detainee.
Can I call or leave a message for a detainee?
No. Detainees may not receive phone calls or messages. They may call out either by calling collect, having an account through the inmate phone company, or by purchasing calling cards off of commissary.
Can I have my phone number blocked?
Yes. For questions regarding our phone service or to have your phone number blocked, contact City TeleCoin (our inmate phone service provider) at 1-800-682-0707.
Can I pick up a detainee's property?
Yes. With the detainee's authorization, we will release personal property to an individual that the detainee specifies. You will need to bring a state issued photo ID to pick up the property. Clothing and money will not be released.
Can I visit an inmate at the jail?
Visitation for general population inmates are on Saturdays between 7:00am and 10:00am and again from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. Exact visitation times are by cell location. It is the detainee's responsibility to notify family members and friends when his or her visitation time is.

Convicted felons may not visit a detainee at this facility (exceptions for immediate family members with approval of jail administration). Minors must be supervised by a parent or legal guardian. All children must be supervised and kept quiet in the visitation areas to respect other visitors. Proper dress is required.

A complete list of visitation rules and regulations may be found on this site.
Can you recommend a professional bondsman?
No. We will refer you to the local telephone directory or yellow pages, or you may view a complete list of licensed bailbondsmen at http://apbblb.comcastbiz.net/index.htm.
How do I place money on a detainee's commissary account?
Money orders are accepted by mail only and should be made out in the inmate's name. The envelope must be addressed to:

Union County Sheriff's Office
ATTN: Commissary Accounts
250 American Rd
El Dorado, AR 71730

If the envelope is addressed in any other manner, you may risk having the money order returned to you, or for a payment to be placed on another account (such as fines or ticket payment).

You may also use the kiosk in the forward lobby (across from district court) for cash, debit, or credit deposits, or you may go online at http://www.tigerdeposit.com to make a deposit. There is a processing fee for using any of the above services.
How do I send a detainee a letter?
Recent changes in policy require that incoming mail be in the form of postcards only. Postcards must be addressed to the detainee:

Detainee's Name
Union County Sheriff's Office
250 American Rd
El Dorado, AR 71730

All incoming mail must also include a full return address:

First and Last Name
City, State, Zip

Outgoing mail for is not restricted, and legal mail is unaffected by the policy changes.
What about contact visits?
Contact visits are generally not allowed at this facility. Exceptions to this policy must be made in advance by jail administration or the sheriff, and will generally be granted only for emergency situations.
What can I send a detainee in the mail?
Only postcards will be delivered to detainees. All other items sent through mail will be returned or destroyed. ACT 309 inmates may receive certain items through the mail with jail administration approval. Money orders for inmate commissary accounts must be addressed to the Sheriff's Office as indicated above.
When will a detainee be transported to prison after he is sentenced?
This depends on available bedspace at the receiving facility and when the detainee is placed on that facility's waiting list. For the safety of our transporting deputies, we will not disclose specific dates or times for transport, nor will the detainee be allowed to use the phone prior to transport. He or she can contact you once they arrive at their destination, according to that facility's policy.
Render time: 0.02 seconds
7,369,723 unique visits